COVID-19 Vaccine in Waller County
First, 2nd, and the booster doses of the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines will be distributed:
Wednesday, Nov 17th, from 10 am to 3 pm at
UNITED WAY WALLER COUNTY CENTER
531 FM 359 S
Brookshire TX 77427
Even when vaccines are available, people will need to take precautions like masking up, practicing social distancing and washing hands to help stop the spread of COVID-19 as people get vaccinated and we learn more about the immunity produced by the vaccines.
Cancel your COVID-19 vaccination registration: CLICK HERE
Additional Resources and Information:
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
What might make me ineligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine?
- You will not be able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine if you have had ANY vaccine (e.g., flu, Hepatitis B, etc.) within 14 days prior to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Other reasons that you may not be able to receive a vaccine include: If you have had onset of a COVID-19 infection within the last 10 days. If you have received a passive antibody therapy for COVID-19 infection in the last 90 days. If you have been in close contact with a person with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. If you have been vaccinated elsewhere, or are scheduled to be vaccinated elsewhere.
- No. None of the COVID-19 vaccines currently in development in the United States use the virus that causes COVID-19.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, you cannot receive the vaccine until at least 10 days have elapsed from the date of onset of your symptoms or, if you have no symptoms, 10 days from the date of the positive test AND you have not had a fever and are improved for at least 24 hours. Once these criteria are met, you can receive the vaccine.
- Researchers expect currently approved COVID-19 vaccines will protect against new COVID-19 strains and further research will continue to learn more about this.
How do I schedule the second dose of the vaccine?
- Your second dose will be scheduled 21 to 28 days after your first dose. This appointment will be scheduled at the time of your first dose. Please have your calendar availability on hand so that you can choose a date and time for your second appointment that works best with your schedule.